Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Karen's Last Blog--Summer Solstice, 2017

Karen D'Abrosca in her favorite pose
June 21, 2017--Sunrise, Rome Point
It is the last blog of the year, the end in many ways, so I will write today about allegiance.  Allegiance is defined (webster.com) as loyalty or commitment to a cause.   My cause/our cause as educators has been/is NKSD and the education of our youth and the education of each other.  We start our school days K-12 with “I pledge allegiance to the flag …”  many, including me, often recite mindlessly.  
I leave you today with my favorite 8 minutes of mindfulness.  It is a video by David Ault titled “A New Pledge”.  Gorgeous scenery, thoughtful words … each idea beginning with “I Pledge Allegiance”. 
I’ve enjoyed writing but especially reading this blog and checking in with the fantastic events happening around the school.  “Every day is a canvas on which I can create.”Create wellness and healthy habits – one baby step at a time. It is an “inside job” – you are responsible for you.
“I Pledge Allegiance … to people and projects of substance” – NKHS and NKSD. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. I will truly miss your positive attitude, Your kindness and Your smile.(I will miss Lola too!) Thank You for all You have given to the forming of the minds of future leaders. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you great adventures and lots of sunrise walks in your retirement. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful video Karen. As usual, your message has resonated with me.

    Thank you so much for your allegiance to our students over the years. They are better people because of you.

    Best wishes for peaceful, joy-filled days.

    ReplyDelete